Your Omega beauty may promise to be a durable timepiece but the everyday grind will take its toll on it sooner or later. At the end of the day, no matter how much value goes into creating the perfect timepiece, it’s still a collection of metals and gears –and metals rust away while gears slow down.
Every luxurious thing can cost you a lot to maintain and your Omega watch is no different. It may become less reliable than it was since the day you bought it. In that event, you should think of taking it to the store for a tune-up every 5 years on average.
What Does The Omega Watch Repair Service Include?
Our Omega watch repair experts will offer you an inspection, free of charge, when you bring your timepiece to us. Next, we will provide you an estimate for the cost of repair. After uncovering the problem, we will rectify it, with our exceptional services, including
- We clean each and every component of the timepiece, using an ultrasonic batch. Our repair professionals dismantle your timepiece with precision
- We have genuine Omega parts in store, enabling us to restore and/or replace the strap of your watch
- We ensure the balance wheel is working perfectly, with effective testing, so you can check the precise time
- We test your watch for water and pressure resistance
- We can replace any parts or components of your Omega watch that are no longer functioning properly
- We remove friction from the inner gears with lubrication to deal with rust
- We replace the battery if it is no longer working
- We adjust the movement and functions of the Omega watch so that it works good as new, as per Omega’s standards
You can rest assured that only expert horologists have access to your Omega watch, and only the experts examine and repair it. They know the value of replacing the instruments with its original parts, and would never use replicas or copies.
Moreover, before they give your watch back to you, they make sure that everything has been carefully assembled, and the timepiece is back to its original, precise and waterproof state.
Omega’s Recommendation’s to Protecting Your Watch
Prevention is always, always better than cure –it’s also cheaper. You might want to save a few extra bucks by following in the Omega’s recommendations and delay the repair process as much as possible.
Direct Chemical Contact
Direct contact with cosmetic and chemical products like detergents, perfumes, solvents, and alcohol can damage the bracelet, crown, the case and the gaskets –avoid it as much as possible
Avoid abrupt and sudden wrist movements. This will protect your watch from shocks and preserve the automatic power reserve as well.
Omega tests its watches according to the official Industrial Norms of the Swiss Watchmaking Industry and the internal norms of Swatch Group. Although all of the OMEGA watches have a 5000g shock resistance value, it’s advisable that you don’t test the limits.
The Leather Strap
Here’s how to preserve the color and condition of your Omega watch’s leather strap for as long as possible.
- Keep it away from water, dampness and prolonged humidity
- Keep it away from prolonged UV rays
- Keep it away from oil and chemical based substances like grease, perfumes, detergents, solvents, and alcohol.
- Regularly clean your leather strap with leather cleaners
Prolonged exposure to the sun is generally bad for all kinds of machines, luxurious watches or not. So try to avoid staying in the sun for too long with your Omega baby on.
Avoid extreme temperatures on both ends of the spectrum, the hot and the cold. Also, try not to switch abruptly from one extreme temperature to another –for example, stepping into the scorching heat after sitting in an air-conditioned office for hours.
Omega tests its watches according to the official Industrial Norms of the Swiss Watchmaking Industry and the internal norms of Swatch Group –however, no watch’s water resistance has a permanent guarantee so make sure not to test it out too much.
Have the water resistance mechanism checked out at least once a year by an authorized OMEGA service center?
Does Your Omega Watch Need a Little Tuning?
For a free inspection and repair estimate, bring in your Omega watch to our store called Precision Watches and Jewelry, at the Willow Grove Park Mall in PA. We are an authorized dealer and offer all kinds of repair services.
Most of all, we love and value your delicate timepieces just as much as you do. Hence, we go the extra mile to ensure we offer precise services. You will never have to worry about us using replicas or copies. You and your Omega deserve nothing less.
Get in touch, and we’ll have your Omega beauty up and running in no time!
Comments are closed